Appraisal Review Consultant, T. Gschwender & Associates, Inc. (2008-Present)
Sandra J. Smith has over 20 years of experience as a real estate appraiser, both residential and commercial. As owner of SJS APPRAISALS she brings a long and extensive history of experiences in both commercial and residential real estate transactional activities including real estate appraisal and value assessments, environmental due diligence and related fields. This unique mix of experiences and skills makes her a diverse, flexible, and qualified commercial and residential real estate appraiser.
AVP / Senior Real Estate Appraiser, Partners Trust Bank, Utica, NY (1995-2006)
- Research commercial real estate market data for completion of Internal Evaluations, Complete and Limited Summary Appraisal Reports for commercial real estate loans.
- Responsible for developing the process and procedures for monitoring the annual inspections on commercial real estate contained in the Bank’s Portfolio.
- Develop and manage implementation of quality control process for work product received from independent fee appraisers.
- Responsible for the review of Environmental Reports received from outside vendors and complete reports to advise management as to issues and concerns.
- Created appraisal procedures and processes for compliance with bank policy and regulatory agencies.
- Advise Senior Management on issues relating to Bank owned real estate.
- Provide a timely and professional response to customer inquiries on appraisal related issues.
Residential Appraiser, Partners Trust Bank, Utica, NY (1991-1995)
- Researched residential real estate data for completion of mortgage and home equity appraisal reports.
- Completed inspections of residential properties for release of escrow funds and valuation associated issues.
- Assisted with the analysis and review of residential reports completed by outside fee appraisers.
- Designed in house training program on reviewing residential appraisal reports for bank underwriters and mortgage loan consultants.
Independent Residential Fee Appraiser, Galliher Appraisal Service, Utica, NY (1988-1995)
- Completed residential and commercial appraisal reports for financial institutions, attorneys, accountants and individuals.
- Retail Business owner, specializing in retail of Outdoor Recreational Products, and brokerage of various outdoor products and services.
Other Professional Courses
- Regression analysis- concepts and applications
- GIS - global information systems
- The appraisers role in valuation litigation
- Principles and practices of environmental risk screening and reporting
- Case studies in valuation of upstate new york
- Appraisal scope of work: burden or blessing
- Appraising environmentally contaminated properties
- Professional's guide to the uniform residential appraisal report
- Fundamentals of investments
- Business practices and ethics
- Effective appraisal writing
- Land valuation assignments
- Appraisal of local retail properties
- Evaluating commercial construction
- Uniform appraisal standards for federal land acquisition
- Feasibility analysis, market value and investment timing
- Case studies in commercial highest and best use
- Forecasting revenue
- 7-hour national uspap update
- Appraising agricultural land in transition
- Valuation of religious facilities 2009 update
- Distressed and troubled real estate markets